CYO Athletic Ministry Board
The St. Katharine of Siena CYO Athletic Board, serving in concert with the pastor, Monsignor Brouwers, has general responsibilities for the parish CYO sports program. The Athletic Board comprises interested adults who are willing to commit to the overall good of the CYO sports programs and its related activities.
Thank you for volunteering to assist in our programs for children. Our goal is to have a safe environment for our children. All adults who have regular contact with children ( this includes all head and assistant coaches) must fulfill the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Safe Environment Program Requirements.
There are at least six components of being cleared to be a coach regardless of the sport. All of the items below must be completed before you are allowed to coach:
- A Criminal Record Check must be completed. (download here). You must fill in the information and send a $10.00 money order or certified check. To obtain immediate results, click here – $10 fee payable with credit card.
- FBI History Clearance- Act 114 –www.pa.cogentid.com
Required for A volunteer who has been a PA resident for less than 10 years. If you are volunteering in the school click on Education; if in the Parish chick on Human Services.
- Required: a signed Disclosure Form signed by a volunteer who has been a PA resident for the entire last 10 Years and has not committed designated crimes in Pennsylvania or elsewhere. (see website to download form)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (valid for 5years) Forms are available online: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Safe Environment Training Session 1: Protecting God’s Children, https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=18461&theme=0to Click the link above to find a date and location for the next class.
- Standards of Ministerial Behavior and Boundaries and the technology addendum are covered in the Safe Environment Sessions.
- Safe Environment Part 2: Also called, “Mandated Reporter” online class at https://childyouthprotection.org/learning/login/index.php
- Sign and return the Mandated Reporter Acknowledgement Form
- Sign and return the Coaches Code of Conduct(download here).
- the Philadelphia CYO Coaches Orientation: http://www.asep.com/asep_content/org/CYOPHIL.cfm
Note: Items one and two must be renewed every 5 years. Item three is complete once the class has been completed and does not need renewal. All forms must be returned to S. Maryanne Zakreski at, St. Katharine of Siena Rectory. 610-688-4584, x- 114 or email@example.com.
There is additional training for Head and Assistant Coaches of CYO sponsored sports (basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, track & field, cross country football (pads) and soccer). Before coaching any CYO team, all coaches (head & assistants) must:
Take the new Online Catholic Coaching Essentials before coaching AND attend the Coaches Orientation during the first year of coaching CYO sports. Click here for the website.
Head coaches must also be at least 21 years old.
Thank you again for offering your time and talent to the youth of St. Katharine of Siena.
Registration fees for the 2013-2014 Season are as follows:
Baseball JV/Varsity – $130
Basketball – $130
Cross Country – $40
Field Hockey – $110
Field Hockey Clinic – $70
Flag Football – $80
Football – $195
Lacrosse – $165
Soccer – $80
Swimming – $50
Track – $50
Volleyball – $125*
Uniform charges will be separate for the other sports if required. You will be notified separately as to the uniform amount, if any, by the coaching staff.
*May incur additional charges depending on the amount of tournaments.
CYO 2014 Fall Sports signups for boys and girls in grades 1 thru 8 is now open!
Registration will close on June 15th. Registrations after June 15th will incur a $50 late fee. Students who attend St. Katharine’s School, parish members and eligible merged Parishes are invited to register. Students who do not attend SKS or another Catholic School are required to enroll in the Religious Education Program (PREP).
Teams will start practice practice in August and early September. Click here to see the sports on offer.
To register for a sport, please click www.wagdogs.com.
No registrations will be taken after the registration deadline.
Fall Sports Offered
|Sport||Who Is It For?|
|Cross Country||Co-ed (Grades 1-8)|
|Field Hockey Clinic||Girls (Grades 3-4)|
|JV and Varsity Field Hockey||Girls (Grades 5-8)|
|Flag Football||Boys (Grades 1-4)|
|JV and Varsity Football||Boys (Grades 5-8)|
|Soccer||Co-ed (Grades 6-8)**|
|JV and Varsity Volleyball||Girls (Grades 5-8)**|
Winter Sports Offered
|Sport||Who Is It For?|
|Basketball||Boys and Girls (Grades 5-12)|
Spring Sports Offered
|Sport||Who Is It For?|
|Baseball||Boys (Grades 3-8)**|
|Softball||Girls (Grades 5-8)**|
|Swimming||Co-ed (Grades 2-8)|
|Track||Co-ed (Grades 2-8)|
|Lacrosse Spartans Program||Boys (Grades 6-8)|
|Lacrosee||Girls (Grades 7-8)|
** We try to field both JV and Varsity teams in Soccer, Volleyball, Baseball, and Softball but this is dependent on how many children sign up each season.
All children who are age/grade appropriate are eligible to participate if they:
- Attend St. Katharine of Siena School, or
- Are registered in the parish and attend the Religious Education Program (PREP).